To build deeper connections within your reading community, you can create a dedicated space to discuss all things story. Get real-time feedback as you write, and engage your readers further into the worlds and characters they love with Discussion Topics.
Before you start adding Discussion Topics to your story, it is important that you read our Content Guidelines, Code of Conduct, and Community Standards. Any content or conduct that could put our community at risk will be removed. Wattpad has the right to close any account or remove content without notice.
How can I add Discussion Topics to my story?
- Add a new part dedicated to discussion topics by clicking on “Add a part”
- Include ‘>>Discussion’ in the title so your readers know what to expect
- Add 3-5 discussion prompts that readers can comment on. We’ve suggested some questions below to get you started!
- Read over your questions before you publish them and make sure they are following our Content Guidelines.
- How are you feeling after reading the latest chapter? Why?
- What do you want to happen next in the story?
- What makes this story special to you?
- What questions or theories do you have about the story?
- What quote or passage in the latest chapter or in the story prompted the most intense reaction in you? Share it in the comments and explain why.
- Does this story remind you of other books, songs, movies, or TV shows?
- If the story were made into a movie, who would play the main characters?
- Which character do you relate to most? Why?
- Is there anything in the story that you would like to read from a different character’s point of view?
- If you could spend a day with one of the characters in their world, where would you go? What would you do there?