You can receive email notifications for:
- Private messages
- Posts on your message board
- New followers
- Comments on your story
- Someone mentions you in a comment
- A user you follow uploads a new story
- Updates to stories in your library. *Note: you will only receive these email notifications if you do not receive push notifications on a mobile device for these updates. You won’t receive both email and push notifications about story updates.
- Important announcements from Wattpad
It is only possible to change email notifications on the web. To turn off or turn on email notifications, please log into your account on the web (www.wattpad.com) on a desktop or laptop computer and try the following steps:
- Click on your username on the top navigation bar.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Notifications tab near the top of the page next to Account.
- Select or unselect the notifications based on your preferences, then click Save.
If you have notifications turned on on web but email notifications are not reaching you, see our article Not receiving email notifications. If you do not have access to a desktop or laptop to turn off your email notifications, please submit a Support request. You can submit a request by clicking ‘Fix a problem / Contact us’ to the right of or below this article. Make sure to write to us from the email that is linked to your Wattpad account.