Though you can set your entire app to Dark Mode in the settings page, you will need to set the mode of your Reader independently by adjusting your preferences.
To change how your Reader is displayed on iOS or Android:
Open your reading preferences:
- Open a story
- Tap on the middle of a screen
- Tap on Aa in the top right corner
- You can choose between three choices for the background colour by tapping on the colored squares:
- black text on a white background (default)
- white text on a black background (Dark Mode)
- black text on a sepia background
If you need more information please see our Help Center article on Reading Preferences. Dark Mode is not currently available on the desktop or mobile web version of Wattpad.