If you are being bullied or harassed on Wattpad, you have the option to Mute a user.
To Mute a user, go to their profile and select the Mute button at the bottom of the right hand column. There is more information in How to Mute a User.
What does it mean to mute someone?
If you cannot view a user's profile or communicate with other users on their story comments, message boards, or inbox, it's because you are being "muted" by them.
Here is a list of actions that are disabled for users who are being muted:
- Cannot view the profile of the user (Starting on versions 8.26 for Android and 8.22 for iOS)
- Cannot leave message or comments for the other user
- Cannot dedicate stories to the other user
- Cannot follow or tag each other
- Cannot read your comments on any stories, and you will not be able to read their comments on any stories. This includes any past or future comments either of you post.
Note: Muting is reciprocal, so these actions are disabled for the mute-initiator as well. Additionally, users can still see each other’s stories; vote and share.
We hope this feature is used sparingly, and users choose to try and resolve any differences before resorting to muting each other. It should be the last option a user takes.
In what situations should you consider this mute feature?
- Disputes where a civil resolution cannot be agreed upon
- Users who are continuously being harassed/bullied