If you are being bullied or harassed on Wattpad, you have the option to Mute a user.
To Mute a user, go to their profile and select the Mute button at the bottom of the right hand column. There is more information in How to Mute a User.
What does it mean to mute someone?
If you cannot view a user's profile or communicate with other users on their story comments, message boards, or inbox, it's because you are being "muted" by them.
Here is a list of actions that are disabled for users who are being muted:
- Cannot view the profile of the user (Starting on versions 8.26 for Android and 8.22 for iOS)
- Cannot leave message or comments for the other user
- Cannot dedicate stories to the other user
- Cannot follow or tag each other
Note: Muting is reciprocal, so these actions are disabled for the mute-initiator as well. Additionally, users can still see each other’s stories; vote, like, and share.
We hope this feature is used sparingly, and users choose to try and resolve any differences before resorting to muting each other. It should be the last option a user takes.
In what situations should you consider this mute feature?
- Disputes where a civil resolution cannot be agreed upon
- Users who are continuously being harassed/bullied