On Wattpad, you have the option to close your account at any time. If you do end up closing your account, please be aware of the following:
- You must be able to log into your account to close it
- Closing your account is only available on the web
- When you close your account, you are giving up your username. If someone creates an account with the same username, you will no longer be able to restore your original account
- You may be able to restore your account by signing in again, which will automatically re-open the account, you can learn more in Reopen Account.
- Your closed account can show up in Google results for several weeks afterwards
Closing your Wattpad account will result in losing access to your:
- Libraries, or reading lists
- Private and public messages
- Personal written works
Click on a platform for more details.
- Log into your account
- Click on your username in the upper right-hand corner
- Select Settings
- Scroll to the bottom of the page
- Click on Close Account on the right-hand side
- Fill in the mandatory information
- Check the box saying ‘Yes, I’m sure. Please close my account’
- Enter in your password
- Click on Close Account
On Android and iOS
This feature is not available on the apps.
To check an account is closed
If you’d like to double-check that your account has been closed:
- Type in https://www.wattpad.com/user/yourusername replacing 'yourusername' with the username of the account that you just closed.
- If you've closed your account, then you should get a 'User not found' page.
Do not sign into your account again; this will reopen your account through self-restoration: Reopen Account.
If you have further questions or concerns, please let us know.