On Wattpad, you have the option to close your account at any time. If you do end up closing your account, please be aware of the following:
- You must be able to log into your account to close it
- Closing your account is currently only available on the web
- When you close your account, you are giving up your username
- You may be able to restore your account with self-restoration: Reopen Account.
- Your closed account can show up in Google results for several weeks afterwards
Click on a platform for more details.
- Log into your account
- Click on your username in the upper right-hand corner
- Select Settings
- Scroll to the bottom of the page
- Click on Close Account on the right-hand side
- Fill in the mandatory information
- Check the box saying ‘Yes, I’m sure. Please close my account’
- Enter in your password
- Click on Close Account
On iOS, Android & Windows Phone
This feature is not available on the apps.
To check an account is closed
If you’d like to double-check that your account has been closed:
- Type in https://www.wattpad.com/user/yourusername replacing 'yourusername' with the username of the account that you just closed.
- If you've closed your account, then you should get a 'User not found' page.
Do not sign into your account again; this will reopen your account through self-restoration: Reopen Account.