When you first join Wattpad, we ask that you to verify the email address that is linked to your account. It’s a quick and easy process, and there are benefits to doing it!
Why should you verify your email?
- To follow other users
- To send private messages
- To post on other users’ profiles
- To publish a story
- To vote
- To edit your profile description
- For your profile description to appear
- To receive email notifications from us
How to Verify:
You are sent a verification/activation email when you sign up.
- Look in your inbox for an email titled, ‘Activate your Wattpad Account’.
- Open the email and click on Activate Account
Take a look at your junk/spam folders if you can't find the email.
If you still can’t find the email, you can follow the below steps to resend the verification email.
Select a platform for more details.
On iOS & Android
1. Go to your profile
2. Select Conversations (the right tab)
3. Select Post a message and type in a message
4. Select Post in the upper right corner
5. Tap Resend Email
- Log into your account on a regular computer
Following the steps on the banner at the top of the screen.
OR, going to Settings, and then, beside your email address, click on orange link that says Send Activation Code and follow the steps
If this still doesn't help you with this issue, please submit a ticket through support by clicking here and we will be happy to assist you.
Make sure to write to us from the email that your account is linked to.