When you first join Wattpad, we ask that you to verify the email address that is linked to your account. It’s a quick and easy process, and there are benefits to you doing it!
Why should you verify your email?
- To follow other users
- To send private messages
- To post on other users’ profiles
- To publish a story
- To vote (on web only)
- To edit your profile description (on web only)
- Receive email notifications from us
How to verify:
You are sent an activation email when you sign up.
- Look in your inbox for an email titled, ‘Activate your Wattpad Account’.
- Open the email and click on Activate Account
Take a look at your junk/spam folders if you can't find the email.
If you still can’t find the email, you can follow the below steps to resend the verification email.
Select a platform for more details.
On iOS & Android
1. Go to your profile
2. Select "Conversations" (the middle tab)
3. Select "Post a message" and type in a message
4. Select "Post" in the upper right corner
5. Tap Resend Email
On Windows Phone
There is unfortunately no way to send a verification email in the Windows Phone app. Please follow the directions in the 'On Web' section.
- Log into your account on a regular computer
Following the steps on the banner at the top of the screen.
OR, going to 'Settings', and then, beside your email address, click on the blue link that says 'Send Activation Email'.