When you first join Wattpad, we ask you to verify the email address linked to your account. It’s an easy and quick process, and there are benefits to you doing it!
Why should you verify your email?
- To follow other users
- To send private messages
- To post on other users’ profiles
- To publish a story
- To vote (on web only)
- Get email notifications from us
How to verify:
You are sent an activation email when you sign up.
- Look in your inbox for an email titled, ‘Activate your Wattpad account’
- Open in and click on Activate Account
Never got the activation email?
Be sure to check:
- Your inbox, spam/junk folder and any other folder it could’ve fallen into
- The email address on the account
If you still can’t find the email, you can always send yourself another one.
Select a platform for more details.
On iOS & Android
- Go to your profile (person icon)
- Tap on ‘Followers’
- Select Following
- Select Wattpad
- Tap on the three dots in the upper right-hand corner
- Select Send a message
- Type in ‘hi!’ on the bottom text box, then Send
- Tap Resend Email
On Windows Phone
There is unfortunately no way to send a verification email in the Windows Phone app. Please follow the directions in the 'On Web' section.
- Sign into your account
- Click on Resend Email on the banner at the top of the screen