I have received a DMCA Take-down Notification.
Wattpad respects intellectual property rights and our Terms of Service and Content Guidelines prohibit uploading content that violates these rights. As a service provider, we also comply with all applicable provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). Our policy is to respond to the valid notices of alleged copyright infringement we receive by expeditiously removing or disabling access to allegedly infringing material and terminating users, when appropriate, according to our Repeat Infringer Policy.
If you have received a DMCA Take-down Notification email, one or more of your works have been removed in response to a notice of alleged copyright infringement. This means that the content has been deleted from Wattpad at the request of someone who claims to own a copyright infringed by the removed content.
If you believe that the content was removed in error, you have the option to file a counter-notice by emailing us with the information listed below. When we receive a valid counter-notice from you, a copy will be forwarded to the person who filed the original take-down request. If we do not receive notice within 14 business days that the submitter of the original take-down request has filed an action seeking a court order to restrain any further allegedly infringing activity, we may restore the content that was removed.
IMPORTANT: There may be legal and financial consequences for submitting false claims. Before submitting a counter-notice, be sure that you are the actual rights holder of the removed content or that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed in error.
How to File a Counter-Notice
- Email your counter-notice to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include ALL of the following:
- Email subject: DMCA Counter-Notice
- The claim number referenced at the top of the notification email.
- Your full name, address, and telephone number.
- The URL(s) of the content that was removed. This can be copied and pasted directly from the notification email.
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider (Wattpad) may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification or an agent of such person.
- Your physical or electronic signature.
Please make sure that your statements apply to your location.