Wattpad has a limit of being able to follow only 1,000 users. Once you have reached this limit, you will not be able to follow any more users. Please note that the following limit can be different for users that have more followers and that there are special circumstances where Wattpad Creators will be able to cross this threshold. The following limit is lifted after you get 10,000 followers on your own account. These limitations are to prevent spam.
If you have reached the limit, you will have to unfollow other users to be able to follow more people.
Make sure your account is verified before going through any troubleshooting steps. You can learn more about verifying your account here.
If you are still unable to follow new users and are well within these limits, then please try out the following:
iOS & Android
- Try logging out and back in, making sure to completely close the app.
- Toggle your wifi/data on and off or try an alternate Wifi/Data connection.
- Check if there are any new updates to the app
On the Web
- Try logging out and back in, making sure to completely close your browser
- Clear your browser's cache and cookies
- Try using different browsers such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Chrome
If troubleshooting doesn't resolve the issue, please submit a Support request to us. You can submit a request by clicking ‘Fix a problem / Contact us’ to the right of or below this article.