If you are experiencing this issue, it is possible that you have reached the follow limit.
Wattpad has a limit of being able to follow only 1000 users. Once you have reached this limit of 1000 users, you will not be able to follow any more users. Please note that the following limit can be different for users that have more followers.
If you have reached the limit, you will have to unfollow other users to be able to follow more people.
If you are still unable to follow new users, then please try out the following:
On iOS, Android and Windows Phone
- Try logging out and back in, making sure to completely close the app.
- Toggle your wifi/data on and off or try an alternate Wifi/Data connection.
- Check if there are any new updates to the app
On the Web
- Try logging out and back in, making sure to completely close your browser
- Clear your browser's cache and cookies
- Try using different browsers such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Chrome
If troubleshooting doesn't resolve the issue, then please submit a ticket through support and we will be happy to investigate further.