If you are experiencing trouble sending a message to another user, please follow the troubleshooting steps below:
- Ensure that your account is verified, as you can only send private messages using a verified account. Please see the following guide for information on how to Verify Your Email or Account.
- If the user's account is closed, you will no longer be able to message them.
- If you are verified and are still unable to send private messages, try messaging a different user to see if the issue persists. If you find that you are only unable to message a particular user, you may have been muted by this user. For more information on the mute function, please see the following post: Mute/Unmute a User.
If you none of the above apply to you, please click on a platform below for specific troubleshooting steps.
On iOS, Android, or Windows Phone
- Toggle your wi-fi/data connection off and on again, or try connecting to another wi-fi network.
- Try logging out and back into your account, making sure to completely close the app.
- Try uninstalling and reinstalling the newest version of the app.
On the Web
- Turn your wireless/wired connection off and on again, or try connecting to another wi-fi network.
- Try logging out of your account, clearing your browser’s cache/cookies, and logging back in again.
- Try accessing your account using a different browser, such as Firefox or Google Chrome.
If this still doesn't help you with this issue, please submit a ticket through support and we will be happy to assist you.