If you are experiencing trouble sending a message to another user, please follow the troubleshooting steps below:
- Ensure that your account is verified, as you can only send private messages using a verified account. Please see the following guide for information on how to Verifying your email or account.
- If the user's account is closed, you will no longer be able to message them.
- If you are verified and are still unable to send private messages, try messaging a different user to see if the issue persists. If you find that you are only unable to message a particular user, you may have been muted by them. For more information on the mute function, please see the following post: Mute or Unmute a User.
- If you are unable to post public messages or send private messages to multiple users, you have likely hit our limit for unsolicited messaging. For more information on this limit, please see the following article: Trouble sending messages.
If none of the above applies to you, please click on a platform below for specific troubleshooting steps.
On iOS & Android
- Toggle your wi-fi/data connection off and on again, or try connecting to another wi-fi network.
- Try logging out and back into your account, making sure to completely close the app.
- Try uninstalling and reinstalling the newest version of the app.
On the Web
- Turn your wireless/wired connection off and on again, or try connecting to another wi-fi network.
- Try logging out of your account, clearing your browser’s cache/cookies, and logging back in again.
- Try accessing your account using a different browser, such as Firefox or Google Chrome.
If this still doesn't help you with this issue, please submit a Support request to us. You can submit a request by clicking ‘Fix a problem / Contact us’ to the right of or below this article.