To be able to message people, comment, vote, write an About Me or create a story on the web you must have verified the email attached to your account. Your account will also be un verified if any emails from us to you bounce.
Verify account after sign up
You will receive an activation email soon after you sign up.
- Go to your the inbox of the email you made your Wattpad account with.
- Search for an email from "Wattpad", subject line "Welcome to Wattpad! Note: if you can’t find it in your regular inbox, please check your spam folder as we may have been redirected there
- Open that email and press Activate Account.
- You are done verifying your account, congrats!
Verify account on the web
If you don't use the activation email that Wattpad sent you after sign up, you will get prompts at the top of your screen when you're logged into your account. The prompt will say "Complete your account registration. Verify your email".
- Click on Verify your email.
- An activation email with the subject "Get more from Wattpad: Verify your email" will be sent to the email linked to your account.
- If you don't remember the email address that's associated to your account, go to 'Settings' in the dropdown menu under your username, and your email will be displayed beside 'Email'.
- Be sure to also check your spam/junk folder(s) and 'Promotions' and 'Social' tabs if you are using Gmail or Googlemail.
- Open the email and click on 'Verify Email'.
Never got the activation email?
If you are missing the "Welcome to Wattpad" email, you can still verify your account by following these steps:
- Login to your Wattpad account and go to Settings.
- Beside "Email", press Send Activation Code.
- Follow steps 2&3 in Verify account on the web as outlined above (scroll up).