Offline reading makes it possible to take your favorite Wattpad stories without being connected to the internet. Connect to the internet momentarily, add a story to your Offline List, and enjoy diving into your next obsession wherever you are—no internet needed.
Issues with the previous version of Library management resulted in Wattpaders having a lack of control over automatic downloads, device storage overload, Library syncing issues, and app crashes, which is not the offline experience we want to provide.
The offline Library experience enables you to:
- Choose stories to save for offline reading
- Add and remove stories from your offline list directly from the Library
- View your offline limit and whether a story is in an offline or online mode
If you have reached your offline limit, you have two options to manage this:
- Remove a story from their offline list to add another story—for free, and as many times as you want
- Upgrade to Premium to access unlimited stories offline
To add or remove a story from your offline list, select a platform for more details:
- to your Library and tap
- where the story is listed.
- To add a story to your offline go to your Library and tap the Add to offline list where the story is listed. You must be connected to the internet to add a story to your offline list.
- To remove a story, go to your Library and tap Remove from offline list next to the story you wish to remove, followed by OK
The new Library experience will be slowly rolling out to all Wattpadders and over the course of the coming weeks, each one of you will eventually see this update. If you want to learn more about this, please check our FAQ section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you want to confirm which stories are available for offline reading, visit the “Available Offline” section of your Library or lookout for the Downloaded image next to each story. We will inform you if you attempt to read an online story while you are not connected to the internet.
Do Paid Stories count towards my offline limit?
Any Paid Stories you have added to your Library will be available for offline reading and will not count towards your offline limit.
If I remove a story from my offline list, will it also be removed from my Library?
Removing a story from your offline list does not remove it from your Library. Stories you remove from your offline list will be moved into the “Other Stories” section of your Library.
I am trying to add a story to my offline list but it is not getting added. Why is this the case?
If you have attempted to add a story to your offline list but are unable to do so, this may be because:
- You do not have an active internet connection to add the story. Connect to the internet to add new stories to your offline list.
- You have reached your offline limit. You can either remove an offline story to add another story for offline reading or subscribe to Wattpad Premium to access unlimited stories offline.
Why is the new Library / Offline feature not available in my country?
The new Library experience will be slowly rolling out to all Wattpadders over the course of the coming weeks and each one of you will eventually see this update.
I have enough storage on my device and don’t need to worry about limiting the stories I can read offline. This change shouldn’t apply to me.
We understand that not all users have storage constraints on their devices. However, our objective with the new Library is to give you more control over how you manage your device storage, including the prevention of automatic downloads of all the stories in your Library. This enables you to add as many stories as you wish to your Library for future reading, while also enabling you to choose which of your current reads you wish to store for offline reading.
How can I change my offline limit?
You can remove your offline limit and access unlimited stories offline by subscribing to Wattpad Premium.
How many stories can I read offline with a Wattpad Premium subscription?
As a Premium subscriber, you can add unlimited stories to your offline list and read them without an internet connection.
I am a Wattpad Premium subscriber. Why are all my stories suddenly added to my offline list?
All stories in the Library of existing Premium subscribers have been added to their offline list by default. Any new stories you add to your Library as a Premium subscriber will be added to your offline list. There is no limit on the number of stories you can continue to add or remove from your offline list.
You can easily manage your Library as follows:
- To add a story to your offline list, you can visit your Library and tap Add to Offline List where the story is listed. You must be connected to the internet to add a story to your offline list.
- To remove a story from your offline list, go to your Library and tap Remove from offline list next to the story you wish to remove.
I am a Wattpad Premium subscriber. I cannot find the new stories I am adding to my Library. Where are they?
New stories you add to your Library will be added to the “Available Offline” section of your Library. Scroll down your Library to view your full list of stories.
Can I read stories offline on the web version of Wattpad?
Offline reading is currently only available on the Wattpad apps (iOS and Android).