To join the Paid Stories program, stories are evaluated by an array of factors.
Here’s what we look for in a story we consider:
- You must be a Wattpad Star
Stories don’t usually skip this step (with some exceptions, like The Wattys, International writers). Even if a story is going straight to Paid, it’s going to also go into Stars first so Stars entry should be your primary goal. The Stars program is the gateway that links to all of the other opportunities across Wattpad.
- Your story must be completed, either on Wattpad, on Wattpad in draft, or offline in a manuscript.
- Your story must be at least 50,000 words. There is no upper limit on word count.
- Stories can be of any genre, except the following: Fanfiction, Poetry, Non-Fiction, Classics, Random
- Your story must be original and wholly owned by you or be based on a story in the public domain and must be based on the version in the public domain.
- There is no minimum required read count.
At the moment Paid Stories are available in English, Spanish, Indonesian, Filipino, French, and German. When expanding the program it’s important for our team to provide the appropriate resources for our writers and readers. While we plan to expand the program to additional languages, we are currently only accepting stories in these languages.
To find more information about Paid Stories click here.