Our job at Support is to get you as unblocked as possible in the wake of an issue that is disrupting your experience. While we wish we could escalate every issue immediately we do have a process to take care of the bugs that have the largest impact on our user base. To explain how this all works we've outlined a number of important steps below that will hopefully shed some light as to how these bugs are fixed.
Most of the time issues are a result of syncing errors/connection interruptions or outdated apps. On occasion, our site may experience problems that result in temporary outages which won't allow you to load features. However, if this is an outage it's likely you will need to wait until you can access certain features again.
You can also visit our Status Page to see if a particular part of Wattpad is experiencing an interruption.
Submitting a Ticket
Tickets are sent to our Wattpad Support staff who attempt to reproduce the issue or provide instructions on how to resolve it. If they are able to reproduce it, a report is created and they are added to the rest of the known issues, prioritized, scheduled, and assigned to the proper developers to address it. How do we prioritize? We use data to inform us of how many people are being affected and how damaging the bug could be. The volume of reports determines how a bug is prioritized so if you know of any other users experiencing the same issue, please encourage them to submit a ticket.
If we can’t reproduce the issue, it is very difficult to fix it. It’s important that when you report an issue you’re experiencing, you provide as much information as possible. Some examples of key details could be:
- The name of the writer and story in question.
- The version of Wattpad you are running.
- You can find this by going to Profile>Settings>Version on iOS or Profile>Settings>About Wattpad>Version on Android
- When you first started to notice this issue. Was it after a software update?
- Have you made any changes to your account recently?
- What are the steps we need to take to reproduce this issue on our side?
- Screenshots or Screen Recordings of the issue. These are extremely valuable when it comes to understanding the issues behavior.
Timelines for Bug Fixes
We cannot provide timelines for bug fixes but we can provide updates. Sometimes correcting an issue can unpack unexpected work that increases the time for our developers to create a fix. The best way to keep informed is to follow an article on the Known Issues page and you will receive an email when we provide updates. Here's what it looks like:
Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.
- The Wattpad Support Team