Every story is unique, and to showcase this it can be fun to play around with different font styles and alignments to personalize your story.
On the writing page, you can:
- Add bold, italics, and underlining
- Align your text to the right, left, or center
Please note, however, that not all fonts support italics. For a list of these fonts, check out our article: Fonts that don't support italics
At the moment, it's not possible to use justification to format the text.
While it's not possible to switch between fonts when writing your story, your readers will be able to read your story using whatever font they prefer by changing their Reading settings.
If you want to view what your story looks like from a reader's perspective, you can use the View as Reader feature.
Note: If you are copying your work from another source onto Wattpad, you might experience some formatting issues such as the text alignment not being kept. For more information, check out our article: Trouble copying and pasting your work into Wattpad
On Android and iOS
- Select the part of the text that you want to format by pressing and holding it.
- Tap on the Formatting icon to prompt the toolbar.
- Choose one of the formatting options by tapping on it.
- Double-click on the part of the text that you want to format to prompt the toolbar.
- Choose one of the formatting options by clicking on it.
- Press Shift + Enter to create a line break without creating a new paragraph.
- Use keyboard shortcuts for formatting multiple paragraphs:
- Bold: Ctrl + B (Windows); Cmd + B (Mac)
- Italics: Ctrl + i (Windows); Cmd + i (Mac)
- Underline text: Ctrl + U (Windows); Cmd + U (Mac)